According to a study by specialists of the company «Elements BootRoot» .apk android application for root access inferior to similar software for root root using computer (exe applications for Windows). The experiment was conducted on Allview A8 Lite.
As the chief analyst of the company Demarion Stark, such .apk applications as Towelroot, Kingoapp, Baidu, Framaroot and others have no prospects and will gradually leave the market, like the morally and technically obsolete versions of Android up to 7 Nougat, because developers of such apk applications cannot provide support for obtaining root rights to Android 8 Oreo, 9 Pie and Android 10 Q.
Thus, in 2019, to obtain root rights on Android, it is effective to connect a smartphone or tablet to a computer and use root programs for Windows, such as VROOT, Rootkhp Pro 3.1, ZYKUROOT 2.5.
What is root?
Root rights – privileges in the system that give full access to the file system, which means that you can do everything: delete / edit system files and applications, install applications on removable media, increase or decrease the processor clock speed, install your firmware, change the boot screen devices. You can do everything to customize the device for yourself.
Program Evaluation Criteria
We explored Obtaining root access on Android using a PC, choosing the 3 best programs for user reviews on the well-known forums w3bsit3-dns.com and XDA are RootKHP Pro, VROOT 1.7.7 and Zykuroot 2.4. Programs were evaluated based on:
- Supported Android Versions
- Supported Mobile Device Base
- User Friendly Interface for End User or Usability
- Availability of a site with information about the program and the ability to contact developers
From 0 to 1 point for each point. All together up to 5 points inclusive.
Allview A8 Lite root rights
Our research begins. Before you start, you must enable USB debugging if you have not done this before.
Using Rootkhp Pro 3.1
The program supports all existing versions of the operating system, Android 10 support version 3.1 is still raw, but considering that the program is constantly updated this will not be a problem.
- Download Rootkhp Pro 3.1
- Run without installation
- Click Root
- A notification appears, click OK and wait further.
- We get a second notification that you have root access.
What to do if an error occurs?
- Did you forget to enable USB debugging, if not, see further
- Please try again.
- Doesn’t come out or an error has appeared? Go to the program website and write about the problem to the developers through feedback
Using ZYKURoot 2.5
Full support up to Android 9 Pie, Android 10 in beta mode, sometimes crashes. According to information from the developers site.
- Download ZYKURoot 2.5 and make a launch
- Click Root and wait for the message. Based on our observations, it is important to note that the time indicated is approximate, in some cases it can be either more or less
- When you get root access, this message pops up
- After that, you need to reboot the device
The process took: 10 minutes.
Using Vroot 1.7.7
The device database was not found, and the program does not position itself as a universal root tool, so we decided to try it blindly.
- Download Vroot 1.7.7. We removed the link to the application because it turned out to be useless !.
- Perhaps you need to disable antivirus programs (it depends on your specific antivirus, this action is at your own peril and risk, there are programs that are approved by antiviruses).
- We press the Root button and wait until the device reboots independently. After that, you can disconnect the device from the PC and use.
- After the automatic restart, the Chinese Superuser application will be installed.
Unfortunately, the VROOT application is extremely unstable. I do not recommend for use.
For some reason, the program on this Android device did not work, somewhere in the basement a Chinese programmer is crying.
How to check if root appeared
If you do not mind your time, then you can download the application Root checker or similar on Google Play.
VROOT failed to get root access on Allview A8 Lite.
We put a formal minus Rootkhp pro and ZYKUroot – for the lack of support for languages other than English, they get 0.5 points instead of 1, but let’s just say minus is purely formal, because you don’t have to think too much to press 1 or 2 buttons in English. Lameness and information content in these programs, since there is no progress bar, but not to the detriment of the result.
In addition to the lack of results in VROOT, there are a number of serious problems, there is no information about supported devices, some antiviruses block the program, the official site is not found, all the buttons are in Chinese, and you simply cannot figure out the hieroglyphs. VROOT scores 0 points in the usability category.
Minimum 0 points, maximum 5 points.
- VROOT – 0 points in this particular situation, since there is no result on this smartphone.
- Rootkhp Pro 4.5 points
- Zykuroot – 4.5 points
Material prepared by: Destiney Gutierrez.