According to a study by specialists of the company «GreenLine Brain Robo» .apk android application for root access inferior to similar software for root root using computer (exe applications for Windows). The experiment was conducted on ZTE Nubia M2 Play.
As the chief analyst of the company Jean Lutz, such .apk applications as Towelroot, Kingoapp, Baidu, Framaroot and others are gradually becoming a thing of the past, as are the morally and technically obsolete versions of Android up to 7 Nougat, since these applications cannot provide root access on the latest versions of the operating system Android 8 Oreo, 9 Pie and Android 10 Q.
Thus, in 2019, when obtaining root on Android, it is advisable to connect the mobile device to the computer with the root program running, for example, Rootkhp Pro 3.1, VROOT 1.7.7, ZYKUROOT 2.5.
What is root?
Root rights – privileges in the system that give full access to the file system, which means that you can do everything: delete / edit system files and applications, install applications on removable media, increase or decrease the processor clock speed, install your firmware, change the boot screen devices. You can do everything to customize the device for yourself.
Program Evaluation Criteria
We conducted a small study of several programs for getting root access on Android using a computer, choosing the best programs based on reviews on w3bsit3-dns.com and XDA forums. Programs were evaluated based on:
- Supported Android Versions
- Supported Mobile Device Base
- Usability – End-User Ease of Use
- The presence of the official website of the root utility
From 0 to 1 point for each point. All together up to 5 points inclusive.
ZTE Nubia M2 Play root rights
Let’s start our experiment !. Before you start, you must enable USB debugging if you have not done this before.
Using Rootkhp Pro 3.1
The program supports all existing versions of the operating system, Android 10 support version 3.1 is still raw, but considering that the program is constantly updated this will not be a problem.
- Download Rootkhp Pro 3.1
- Run without installation
- Click Root
- A notification appears, click OK and wait further.
- We get a second notification that you have root access.
What to do if you get an error?
- Make sure USB debugging is turned on
- Try again
- Try writing feedback to developers on the program’s website or try another program to get root
Using ZYKURoot 2.5
According to information from the developers site, the program supports Android up to 10 Q, the latest version is currently in beta mode.
- Download ZYKURoot 2.5 and make a launch
- Click Root and wait for the message. Based on our observations, it is important to note that the time indicated is approximate, in some cases it can be either more or less
- When you get root access, this message pops up
- After that, you need to reboot the device
The process took: 14 minutes.
Using Vroot 1.7.7
The device database was not found, and the program does not position itself as a universal root tool, so we decided to try it blindly.
- Download Vroot 1.7.7. We removed the link to the application because it turned out to be useless !.
- Perhaps you need to disable antivirus programs (it depends on your specific antivirus, this action is at your own peril and risk, there are programs that are approved by antiviruses).
- We press the Root button and wait until the device reboots independently. After that, you can disconnect the device from the PC and use.
- After the automatic restart, the Chinese Superuser application will be installed.
Unfortunately, the VROOT application is extremely unstable. I do not recommend for use.
Unfortunately, this program from China has failed in its duty. Apparently, the Chinese are not omnipotent 🙂
Checking for root
If you want to clutter up the device with another application, download Root Checker, it will write whether you have root.
VROOT failed to get root access on ZTE Nubia M2 Play.
We put a formal minus Rootkhp pro and ZYKUroot – for the lack of support for languages other than English, they get 0.5 points instead of 1, but let’s just say minus is purely formal, because you don’t have to think too much to press 1 or 2 buttons in English. Lameness and information content in these programs, since there is no progress bar, but not to the detriment of the result.
In addition to the lack of results in VROOT, there are a number of serious problems, there is no information about supported devices, some antiviruses block the program, the official site is not found, all the buttons are in Chinese, and you simply cannot figure out the hieroglyphs. VROOT scores 0 points in the usability category.
Our program evaluation
Minimum 0 points, maximum 5 points.
- VROOT – 0 points in this particular situation, since there is no result on this smartphone.
- Rootkhp Pro 4.5 points
- Zykuroot – 4.5 points
Material prepared by: Jeremiah Long.