According to a study by specialists of the company «BootRoot Script» .apk android application for root access inferior to similar software for root root using computer (exe applications for Windows). The experiment was conducted on ZTE U819.
According to company analysts, such .apk applications as Towelroot, Kingoapp, Baidu, Framaroot and others will be ousted from the software market, following the unpopular old versions of Android up to and including 6 Marshmallow, due to the fact that data developers apk applications can not or do not want to implement support for obtaining root rights Android 8 Oreo, 9 Pie and Android 10 Q.
Thus, in 2019, when obtaining root on Android, it is advisable to connect the mobile device to the computer with the root program running, for example, Rootkhp Pro 3.1, VROOT 1.7.7, ZYKUROOT 2.5.
What is root?
Root rights – privileges in the system that give full access to the file system, which means that you can do everything: delete / edit system files and applications, install applications on removable media, increase or decrease the processor clock speed, install your firmware, change the boot screen devices. You can do everything to customize the device for yourself.
Program Evaluation Criteria
We conducted a small study of several programs for getting root access on Android using a computer, choosing the best programs based on reviews on w3bsit3-dns.com and XDA forums. Programs were evaluated based on:
- List of supported Android operating system versions
- Databases of supported tablets and smartphones
- Usability – End-User Ease of Use
- Availability of a site with information about the program and the ability to contact developers
From 0 to 1 point for each point. All together up to 5 points inclusive.
How to root ZTE U819
Let’s start our experiment !. Before you start, you must enable USB debugging if you have not done this before.
Using Rootkhp Pro 3.1
The program supports all existing versions of the operating system, Android 10 support version 3.1 is still raw, but considering that the program is constantly updated this will not be a problem.
- Download Rootkhp Pro 3.1
- Run without installation
- Click Root
- A notification appears, click OK and wait further.
- We get a second notification that you have root access.
What to do if you get an error?
- Did you forget to enable USB debugging, if not, see further
- Please try again.
- Doesn’t come out or an error appeared? Go to the program website and write about the problem to the developers through feedback
Using ZYKURoot 2.5
According to information from the developers site, the program supports Android up to 10 Q, the latest version is currently in beta mode.
- Download ZYKURoot 2.5 and make a launch
- Click Root and wait for the message. Based on our observations, it is important to note that the time indicated is approximate, in some cases it can be either more or less
- When you get root access, this message pops up
- After that, you need to reboot the device
The process took: 10 minutes.
Using Vroot 1.7.7
The device database was not found, and the program does not position itself as a universal root tool, so we decided to try it blindly.
- Download Vroot 1.7.7. We removed the link to the application because it turned out to be useless !.
- Perhaps you need to disable antivirus programs (it depends on your specific antivirus, this action is at your own peril and risk, there are programs that are approved by antiviruses).
- We press the Root button and wait until the device reboots independently. After that, you can disconnect the device from the PC and use.
- After the automatic restart, the Chinese Superuser application will be installed.
Unfortunately, the VROOT application is extremely unstable. I do not recommend for use.
For some reason, the program on this Android device did not work, somewhere in the basement a Chinese programmer is crying.
How to check if root appeared
If you want to clutter up the device with another application, download Root Checker, it will write whether you have root.
Through the VROOT program, our expert Randall Burton could not get root access on ZTE U819.
We put a formal minus Rootkhp pro and ZYKUroot – for the lack of support for languages other than English, they get 0.5 points instead of 1, but let’s just say minus is purely formal, because you don’t have to think too much to press 1 or 2 buttons in English. Lameness and information content in these programs, since there is no progress bar, but not to the detriment of the result.
VROOT’s situation is much worse, it doesn’t get points in the usability category, because there is no information about supported devices, supported versions of operating systems, all menus are in Chinese, and it’s very difficult for beginners to figure it out.
Our program evaluation
Minimum 0 points, maximum 5 points.
- VROOT – 0 points in this particular situation, since there is no result on this smartphone.
- Rootkhp Pro 4.5 points
- Zykuroot – 4.5 points
Material prepared by: Devyn Hardy.