According to a study by specialists of the company «Entourage GoodAcademy» .apk android application for root access inferior to similar software for root root using computer (exe applications for Windows). The experiment was conducted on Zuum Uniq.
As the chief analyst of the company Ayanna Bradley, such .apk applications as Towelroot, Kingoapp, Baidu, Framaroot and others have no prospects and will gradually leave the market, as well as morally and technically obsolete versions of Android up to 7 Nougat, since these applications cannot provide root access on the latest versions of the operating system Android 8 Oreo, 9 Pie and Android 10 Q.
Thus, in 2019, in order to obtain root rights on Android, it is advisable to connect a mobile device to a computer running root program, for example, Rootkhp Pro 3.1, VROOT 1.7.7, ZYKUROOT 2.5.
What is root?
Root rights are special privileges in the system, they give full access to all files in the system, it is possible to change system files, transfer applications to a memory card, modify firmware, delete preinstalled applications, including system ones, overclock processor frequencies and other features.
Program Evaluation Criteria
We explored Obtaining root access on Android using a PC, choosing the 3 best programs for user reviews on the well-known forums w3bsit3-dns.com and XDA are RootKHP Pro, VROOT 1.7.7 and Zykuroot 2.4. Programs were evaluated based on:
- List of supported Android operating system versions
- Supported Mobile Device Base
- User Friendly Interface for End User or Usability
- Availability of a site with information about the program and the ability to contact developers
Each item gives up to 1 point inclusive, all together no more than 5.
Zuum Uniq root rights
Let’s start our experiment !. In all cases, you need to connect the smartphone to the computer via a cable, having previously turned on USB debugging.
Using Rootkhp Pro 3.1
The program supports all existing versions of the operating system, Android 10 support version 3.1 is still raw, but considering that the program is constantly updated this will not be a problem.
- Download Rootkhp Pro 3.1
- Run without installation
- Click Root
- A notification appears, click OK and wait further.
- We get a second notification that you have root access.
What to do if an error occurs?
- Make sure USB debugging is turned on
- Try again
- Try writing feedback to developers on the program’s website or try another program to get root
Using ZYKURoot 2.5
According to information from the developers site, the program supports Android up to 10 Q, the latest version is currently in beta mode.
- Download ZYKURoot 2.5 and make a launch
- Click Root and wait for the message. Based on our observations, it is important to note that the time indicated is approximate, in some cases it can be either more or less
- When you get root access, this message pops up
- After that, you need to reboot the device
The process took: 19 minutes.
Using Vroot 1.7.7
The device database was not found, and the program does not position itself as a universal root tool, so we decided to try it blindly.
- Download Vroot 1.7.7. We removed the link to the application because it turned out to be useless !.
- Perhaps you need to disable antivirus programs (it depends on your specific antivirus, this action is at your own peril and risk, there are programs that are approved by antiviruses).
- We press the Root button and wait until the device reboots independently. After that, you can disconnect the device from the PC and use.
- After rebooting, the superuser application should automatically install, again in Chinese.
Unfortunately, the VROOT application is extremely unstable. I do not recommend for use.
The program did not work on this mobile device.
Checking for root
If you do not mind your time, then you can download the application Root checker or similar on Google Play.
VROOT failed to get root access on Zuum Uniq.
We put a formal minus Rootkhp pro and ZYKUroot – for the lack of support for languages other than English, they get 0.5 points instead of 1, but let’s just say minus is purely formal, because you don’t have to think too much to press 1 or 2 buttons in English. Lameness and information content in these programs, since there is no progress bar, but not to the detriment of the result.
VROOT’s situation is much worse, it doesn’t get points in the usability category, because there is no information about supported devices, supported versions of operating systems, all menus are in Chinese, and it’s very difficult for beginners to figure it out.
Minimum 0 points, maximum 5 points.
- VROOT – 0 points in this particular situation, since there is no result on this smartphone.
- Rootkhp Pro 4.5 points
- Zykuroot – 4.5 points
Material prepared by: Jaqueline Liu.