According to a study by specialists of the company «Brain Robo Atlas» .apk android application for root access inferior to similar software for root root using computer (exe applications for Windows). The experiment was conducted on ZYQ Q.You.
According to company analysts, such .apk applications as Towelroot, Kingoapp, Baidu, Framaroot and others are gradually becoming a thing of the past, as are the morally and technically obsolete versions of Android up to 7 Nougat, due to the fact that developers of these apk applications cannot or do not want to implement support for obtaining root rights to Android 8 Oreo, 9 Pie and Android 10 Q.
Thus, in 2019, to obtain root rights on Android, it is effective to connect a smartphone or tablet to a computer and use root programs for Windows, such as VROOT, Rootkhp Pro 3.1, ZYKUROOT 2.5.
What is root?
Root rights are special privileges in the system, they give full access to all files in the system, it is possible to change system files, transfer applications to a memory card, modify firmware, delete preinstalled applications, including system ones, overclock processor frequencies and other features.
Program Evaluation Criteria
We conducted a small study of several programs for getting root access on Android using a computer, choosing the best programs based on reviews on w3bsit3-dns.com and XDA forums. Programs were evaluated based on:
- Supported Android Versions
- Supported Mobile Device Base
- User Friendly Interface for End User or Usability
- The presence of the official website of the root utility
From 0 to 1 point for each point. All together up to 5 points inclusive.
How to root ZYQ Q.You
Let’s start our experiment !. In all cases, you need to connect the smartphone to the computer via a cable, having previously turned on USB debugging.
Using Rootkhp Pro 3.1
The program supports all existing versions of the operating system, Android 10 support version 3.1 is still raw, but considering that the program is constantly updated this will not be a problem.
- Download Rootkhp Pro 3.1
- Run without installation
- Click Root
- A notification appears, click OK and wait further.
- We get a second notification that you have root access.
What to do if an error occurs?
- Make sure USB debugging is turned on
- Try again
- Try writing feedback to developers on the program’s website or try another program to get root
Using ZYKURoot 2.5
Full support up to Android 9 Pie, Android 10 in beta mode, sometimes crashes. According to information from the developers site.
- Download ZYKURoot 2.5 and make a launch
- Click Root and wait for the message. Based on our observations, it is important to note that the time indicated is approximate, in some cases it can be either more or less
- When you get root access, this message pops up
- After that, you need to reboot the device
The process took: 19 minutes.
Using Vroot 1.7.7
The device database was not found, and the program does not position itself as a universal root tool, so we decided to try it blindly.
- Download Vroot 1.7.7. We removed the link to the application because it turned out to be useless !.
- Perhaps you need to disable antivirus programs (it depends on your specific antivirus, this action is at your own peril and risk, there are programs that are approved by antiviruses).
- We press the Root button and wait until the device reboots independently. After that, you can disconnect the device from the PC and use.
- After the automatic restart, the Chinese Superuser application will be installed.
Unfortunately, the VROOT application is extremely unstable. I do not recommend for use.
Unfortunately, this program from China has failed in its duty. Apparently, the Chinese are not omnipotent 🙂
Checking for root
If you want to clutter up the device with another application, download Root Checker, it will write whether you have root.
VROOT failed to get root access on ZYQ Q.You.
We put a formal minus Rootkhp pro and ZYKUroot – for the lack of support for languages other than English, they get 0.5 points instead of 1, but let’s just say minus is purely formal, because you don’t have to think too much to press 1 or 2 buttons in English. Lameness and information content in these programs, since there is no progress bar, but not to the detriment of the result.
VROOT’s situation is much worse, it doesn’t get points in the usability category, because there is no information about supported devices, supported versions of operating systems, all menus are in Chinese, and it’s very difficult for beginners to figure it out.
Minimum 0 points, maximum 5 points.
- VROOT – 0 points in this particular situation, since there is no result on this smartphone.
- Rootkhp Pro 4.5 points
- Zykuroot – 4.5 points
Material prepared by: Gabrielle Miller.