According to a study by specialists of the company «Graduate BootRoot» .apk android application for root access inferior to similar software for root root using computer (exe applications for Windows). The experiment was conducted on Alcatel LX A502DL.
According to company analysts, such .apk applications as Towelroot, Kingoapp, Baidu, Framaroot and others have no prospects and will gradually leave the market, following the unpopular old versions of Android up to and including 6 Marshmallow, due to the fact that developers of these apk applications cannot or do not want to implement support for obtaining root rights Android 8 Oreo, 9 Pie and Android 10 Q.
Thus, in 2019, to obtain root rights on Android, it is effective to connect a smartphone or tablet to a computer and use root programs for Windows, such as VROOT, Rootkhp Pro 3.1, ZYKUROOT 2.5.
What is root?
Root rights are special privileges in the system, they give full access to all files in the system, it is possible to change system files, transfer applications to a memory card, modify firmware, delete preinstalled applications, including system ones, overclock processor frequencies and other features.
Program Evaluation Criteria
We conducted a small study of several programs for getting root access on Android using a computer, choosing the best programs based on reviews on w3bsit3-dns.com and XDA forums. Programs were evaluated based on:
- List of supported Android operating system versions
- Databases of supported tablets and smartphones
- Usability – End-User Ease of Use
- The presence of the official website of the root utility
Each item gives up to 1 point inclusive, all together no more than 5.
Alcatel LX A502DL root rights
Our research is starting. In all cases, you need to connect the smartphone to the computer via a cable, having previously turned on USB debugging.
Using Rootkhp Pro 3.1
The program supports all existing versions of the operating system, Android 10 support version 3.1 is still raw, but considering that the program is constantly updated this will not be a problem.
- Download Rootkhp Pro 3.1
- Run without installation
- Click Root
- A notification appears, click OK and wait further.
- We get a second notification that you have root access.
What to do if you get an error?
- Did you forget to enable USB debugging, if not, see further
- Please try again.
- Doesn’t come out or an error has appeared? Go to the program website and write about the problem to the developers through feedback
Using ZYKURoot 2.5
According to information from the developers site, the program supports Android up to 10 Q, the latest version is currently in beta mode.
- Download ZYKURoot 2.5 and make a launch
- Click Root and wait for the message. Based on our observations, it is important to note that the time indicated is approximate, in some cases it can be either more or less
- When you get root access, this message pops up
- After that, you need to reboot the device
The process took: 19 minutes.
Using Vroot 1.7.7
A database with supported mobile devices was not found, and the program does not position itself as a universal root tool, so we decided to try it blindly.
- Download Vroot 1.7.7. We removed the link to the application because it turned out to be useless !.
- Perhaps you need to disable antivirus programs (it depends on your specific antivirus, this action is at your own peril and risk, there are programs that are approved by antiviruses).
- We press the Root button and wait until the device reboots independently. After that, you can disconnect the device from the PC and use.
- After the automatic restart, the Chinese Superuser application will be installed.
Unfortunately, the VROOT application is extremely unstable. I do not recommend for use.
Unfortunately, this program from China has failed in its duty. Apparently, the Chinese are not omnipotent 🙂
Checking for root
If you want to clutter up the device with another application, download Root Checker, it will write whether you have root.
Through the VROOT program, our expert Gemma Cowan could not get root access on Alcatel LX A502DL.
We put a formal minus Rootkhp pro and ZYKUroot – for the lack of support for languages other than English, they get 0.5 points instead of 1, but let’s just say minus is purely formal, because you don’t have to think too much to press 1 or 2 buttons in English. Lameness and information content in these programs, since there is no progress bar, but not to the detriment of the result.
VROOT’s situation is much worse, it does not get points in the usability category, because there is no information about supported devices, about supported versions of operating systems, all the menus are in Chinese, it’s very difficult for beginners to figure it out.
Minimum 0 points, maximum 5 points.
- VROOT – 0 points in this particular situation, since there is no result on this smartphone.
- Rootkhp Pro 4.5 points
- Zykuroot – 4.5 points
Material prepared by: Ben Gould.